Burlap wreath is used by people to decorate their doors during Christmas and also sometimes at funerals. However, the festive season has more use of it than funerals. Burlap is made from ribbons which are prepared by Jute materials which is similar to those used for sacking. Whereas, wreaths are a type of metal rings which can be woven in the circular shape by flowers or ribbons. Moreover, the combination of burlap wreath looks very attractive on the front door during Christmas.
Materials Required For Preparing Burlap Wreath
Burlap wreath preparation requires very fewer substances and preparations. The primary element would be as follows.
- Burlap ribbons – They are made from jute type material and are available in many colors. However, the choice of color would depend on the type of content.
- Wreath wire – These wires are available in many shapes, though the round is the shape most used. A cable must curve in a round shape, and its end is joined together to provide proper finishing.
- Scissors – They are often used by the person to cut the wire and ribbon both.
- Wired ribbon – They are available in many colors and are small in size. The burlap and wire together could be joined by using wired ribbons at regular gaps to avoid hanging of the burlap.
- Decorations – The person could use leaves, flowers, or glitter for decorating the final piece.
- Glue – Hot or dry glue could be used to stick the decorations on the ribbon.
Making Burlap Wreath
The formation of burlap wreath is quite simple compared to any other DIY project. There is a simple step in which you have to hold the wreath and start tying knots from the ribbon around it. The knots should not be too tight, but it should be loose so that it can give a bouncy look. Moreover, special care has to be taken to secure the knots close to each other to avoid a gap. Also, at regular intervals, the ribbon should be tied to the wreath, and thus a secure look could be given. However, careless handling of the final piece might lead to loosening of one of the knots and also, destroying the part.
If you think that DIY is not your thing, then you can also check the market for its availability. There are many online websites like Amazon, Flipkart, etc. that provide ready-made burlap wreath. However, some people who work on DIY projects often sell hand-made wreaths. Buying from a DIY project person would also enable you to make changes in color and pattern according to your wish.
However, burlap wreath is best when they are hand-made for the ease of altering the color combinations. Thus, as decorations have taken a real toll on the festive mood, people have started learning and using DIY projects. Moreover, the family project could be the name used for it these days because several hands would make the job easier. So, it has been a part of family activity, and family members get to spend more time together.